This program focuses on the design of communicative digital systems, including telecommunications, digital circuits, IT and security. Taking a systemic approach to security (cybersecurity, operating safety and personal data protection) enables the design of more reliable and durable systems.
The many research projects carried out by ENSTA Bretagne's Lab-STICC research professors feed back into the program. Researchers develop high-quality methodological approaches based primarily on software engineering for embedded systems and on model-driven engineering related to cybersecurity issues.
A comprehensive program on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
Program courses cover all the bases, from software and hardware architecture modeling and using sensor-collected data, to telecommunication implementation and software development.
System security (electronic and software) is integrated right from the initial design stage.
High-level research partnerships
At Brittany's Pôle d'Excellence Cyber, ENSTA Bretagne intervenes in fields ranging from antennas and analog channels to threat analysis.
ENSTA Bretagne's IT, software radio and cybersecurity research professors participate in numerous R&D programs with civilian and military firms both in France and abroad.
This research team contributes to the Lab-STICC shared research lab, a CNRS joint research center to which ENSTA Bretagne is the 3rd most important contributor.
Renowned experts and extensive experimental facilities
Reflecting its close ties to the defense sector, ENSTA Bretagne focuses high-level skills on modeling IT and cybersecurity systems, and has created a secure systems experimentation and study platform.
Every year, new equipment is added to this platform through the strategic Cyber SSI program, funded under the 2015–2020 State-Region Project Contract (CPER).
This €2.5 million investment has made it possible for the platform to acquire a calculator, a supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA) and a radio frequency bench.
- Learn more about this Master in Electronic Systems and Software Design and Security (equivalent to an MSc): a 2-year program for BSc or equivalent graduates
- Admission requirements based on a written and oral exam.
- a 3-year program for MSc degree holders (for engineering or Master's degree graduates in hydrography, oceanography, positioning, remote sensing, etc).
- Enrollment in ENSTA Bretagne and affiliation with the UBL-MathSTIC doctoral school and Lab-STICC (Joint Research Center 6285 of the CNRS)
This internationally-recognized lab is an important player in its socioeconomic environment and brings together researchers from 6 partner establishments: ENSTA Bretagne, IMT Atlantique, ENIB, UBO, UBS and CNRS.
- Analysis and material implementation of models for designing and deploying the Internet of things
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation in cognitive radio
- Acceleration of robot activity through FPGA (with the participation of the Region of Brittany and École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Douai)
- Modeling and simulating systems of systems, NAF models, uniting behavioral models and simulation.