Ranking among the most popular student cities in France, Brest is well worth exploring!
With its breath-taking coastline, vibrant student life, its wide array of sporting activities – in particular watersports, its rich cultural agenda, together with efficient transport systems and affordable housing prices, there's everything you'll need to make your time in Brest an unforgettable experience.
A warm welcome
To get the year off to a flying start, the city of Brest concocts an exciting program of events for its students each year.
- Nearly 26,000 students, including over 2,500 international students
- One university and 8 Grandes Ecoles
- Easy to get around by streetcar, bus, bike, on foot, and now even with France's first urban gondola
- Affordable accommodation: whether at the student residence on campus or downtown
- Sports for all with 124 disciplines on offer and 225 sports clubs
- An exceptionally rich cultural agenda