The student residence offers a secure environment, including a parking lot and storage facilities for bikes, motorbikes, surfboards and windsurf boards subject to available spaces.
All the rooms are furnished and have several cupboards, all the necessary bedding, bed linen and a sink. Rooms with a shower are allocated as a priority to female students who request them. High speed internet access is on offer in each room and a phone is available for national and international calls (calls will be billed).
The rooms are cleaned (bed linen changed, quick routine clean) by a specialized contractor once a fortnight. The residence has a self-service coin laundry (€3 per washer load and €0.50 for every 6 minutes in the dryer).
For safety and hygiene reasons, cooking is prohibited in the residence and rooms must therefore not be equipped with cooking appliances. The dining hall, located near the residence, operates on a self-service basis for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day during term-time, including weekends. The residence is also equipped with vending machines selling drinks and sandwiches.
How much does it cost?
- €270 a month for a room without a shower (shared shower and restroom facilities on landing).
- €330 a month for a room with a shower and restroom.
The rent includes utilities: water, electricity and heat. Breakfast is included in the cost. Every student staying at the student residence must take out civil liability insurance and renter's insurance (€60).
How to book a room
- All students who wish to book accommodation on the ENSTA Bretagne campus must apply online via the residence booking website.
- A room in the Students’ Hall of Residence is only reserved if the security deposit of 330€ and the compulsory annual rental insurance of 60€ have been subscribed to and paid to the RDE (Hall of Residence) (390€).
- Each student will receive an individual reply by email after submitting his/her accommodation application, stating whether or not the application has been accepted.
No room assignments will be made during the school’s summer closure, from the evening of Thursday July 23 through August 17. New or pending applications will be processed starting August 18.
If you wish to cancel a booking, your must inform the residence manager 8 days prior to your program start date at ENSTA Bretagne. If insufficient notice is given, a €50 penalty will be deducted from the booking fee.
August/September 2020 access schedule
The on-campus student residence will be open:
- August 15, 2020 for international students starting class on August 19
All other students can access the residence on the weekend preceding the date they start classes.
Students may be eligible for a housing allowance issued by the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF). This allowance partially covers the monthly rent. The application is completed online via the CAF website. The student residence is a non-CROUS-run university residence.
>> Housing benefit: Apply as soon as you arrive in your accommodation, the starting date for the benefit is the official application date. You will not received housing benefit for the 1st rental month.
Your application (signed request and supporting documents) must be sent to:
CAF du Finistère
1 rue de Portzmoguer
29602 BREST Cedex 2
Tél. : 0 810 25 29 30 / www.caf.fr