- Analyze, design and size systems at various stages of production, from overall vehicle architecture to individual components.
- Design solutions for issues facing the automotive sector.
- Vehicle design and architecture
- Combustion, electric and hybrid engines
- Vehicle dynamics
- Power transmission
- Structural calculations
Students also study off-road vehicles, such as those used by the military, public works or agriculture.
This major draws on the practical experience of numerous companies in the sector, giving students the real-world skills they require to find employment directly after graduation.
Students in this major learn to analyze issues within their wider context in order to respond to industry demands.
Students are required to design coherent vehicle architectures and describe the interfaces between functional subassemblies.
These skills give them access to a wide variety of career opportunities.
By working closely with numerous partners in the land transport industry (PSA, Renault Sport Cars, Michelin, Faurecia, Bosch, DGA, Nexter Systems, Blue Solutions, etc.), students acquire skills rapidly and are up to the challenges presented by the sector.
Students in this major can opt to attend a partner school for one or two semesters and earn an International Master in Automotive Engineering.
Vehicle Architecture majors can also do a transfer year at one of the schools in the Polyméca network, of which ENSTA Bretagne is a member.
With solid general engineering training combined with applied land transport studies, graduates are prepared for jobs not only for companies in the automotive sector, but also with engineering firms in other industrial sectors.
Exemples de projets de fin d'études
- Maxime a simulé sous Flow 3D un compresseur de climatisation pour Sanden.
- Julie est intervenue chez ZF Systèmes de direction Nacam sur le dimensionnement en fatigue de pièces pour colonne de direction et la mise en place d’une procédure de modélisation par éléments finis des étapes d’emboutissages.
- Cédric a défini un standard pour les diagnostics réglementaires à l’homologation (normes anti-pollution).