ENSTA Bretagne’s comprehensive programs integrate aspects of human and social sciences. Specialist training in engineering and business science is also offered to expand students' managerial skills in a global context.
The department's research team focuses on engineering careers and education and contributes, along with its national and international partners, to exploring how adequately available training programs prepare engineers for their careers and to tackle today’s major social issues.
Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
ENSTA Bretagne raises awareness of and offers specific courses in entrepreneur- and intrapreneurship (playing an entrepreneurial role as a company employee).
The ENSTARTUPS business incubator assists in the creation of new companies and plays a role in numerous projects directly linked to ENSTA Bretagne's fields of expertise.
Working on campus at the ENSTARTUPS business incubator, young entrepreneurs enjoy optimal conditions in which to develop their initiatives, benefiting from individualized support, cost-free working premises and access to prototyping resource centers.
Management, leadership and cultural awareness
The varied and complementary teaching methods used in these courses include business games, leadership training, cultural awareness-raising activities and international management workshops.
Researching engineering education
ENSTA Bretagne's Human and Social Sciences research professors study engineering education and career paths. They carry out international research in collaboration with several partner universities, seeking to understand and compare how different countries approach innovation education for engineers.
- Learn more "Engineering and Business Science major" (equivalent to an MSc in Engineering): a 3-year syllabus for BSc or equivalent graduates, or a 2-year program for 1st-year Master's graduates
- Learn more "Engineering and Business Science major"
- Admission :
- International students wishing to apply to this program must provide documentation proving that they have completed one year of full-time higher education in France.
- Learn more about this advanced master : a 1-year program for MSc graduates (or BSc graduates with several years of professional experience)
- a 3-year program for MSc degree holders
Several research projects focus on helping engineers learn to innovate (Innov'ing 2020, for example), examining ways of improving education so as to provide engineers with the skills they need to invent and implement their innovations in the wider society. At ENSTA Bretagne, these research activities feed back into course content and teaching methods.