The researchers develop approaches guided by mathematical and statistical models to study and represent natural phenomena, dynamic systems or sociotechnical systems, all of which generate data.
- Information is extracted using data mining or machine learning algorithms.
- This information can, in itself, represent an answer to the question raised, or act as a starting point for a decision-maker to reach informed or optimal decisions.
- To guide decision-makers, operational research or decision support techniques will be used.
- These decisions can then influence the underlying phenomena again, thereby closing this loop.
- Knowledge of the marine environment
- Environmental monitoring
- Management and security of offshore human activities
- Functioning of robots and large industrial systems
- Human behavior, etc.
Organzed into 2 research teams
Models and AlgoriThms for pRocessIng and eXtracting information (MATRIX)
DECision aid and Information DiscovEry (DECIDE)
ENSTA Bretagne contributes primarily to the Matrix team and, to a lesser extent, to Decide.