In response to the needs of civilian and military firms and public organizations, ENSTA Bretagne has focused its extensive expertise on designing embedded systems, multi-sensor observation systems and advanced data processing technology for decision support.
These research and training programs bring together skill sets in electronic systems, software, systems engineering, automation, AI, design and simulation, signal and image processing, etc.
Many current fields of application require a background in these fields: for example, underwater environment monitoring, space remote sensing, maritime surveillance and security, autonomous vehicle driver assistance systems, drone navigation, mobile telecommunications, etc.
At the heart of technology
Collecting, processing and interpreting large and heterogeneous volumes of data, assisting in decision-making, and managing tight constraints (autonomy, durability, security, etc.): designers of intelligent multi-sensor systems face multiple technological challenges.
Many of ENSTA Bretagne's Lab-STICC (UMR CNRS 6285) research professors explore these topics in their work.
Research partnerships with industry
Shared laboratories with Thales and research programs and theses pursued in common with innovative companies put ENSTA Bretagne right at the heart of R&D programs in France and abroad.
Continuous innovation drawing on extensive experimental facilities
ENSTA Bretagne researchers have access to the campus' extensive experimental facilities. Recent acquisitions have amplified research potential in the fields of cybersecurity and robotics, most notably.
- Learn more about the "Observation Systems and Artificial Intelligence"major (equivalent to an MSc in Engineering): a 3-year syllabus for BSc or equivalent graduates, or a 2-year program for 1st-year Master's graduates
- Learn more about the "Embedded Systems" major
- International students wishing to apply to this program must provide documentation proving that they have completed one year of full-time higher education in France.
Cette spécialité est offerte aux élèves Polytechniciens dans le cadre de leur 4e année.
- Découvrir ce parcours en Systèmes d'observation et intelligence artificielle
- Learn more about this advanced master : a 1-year program for MSc graduates (or BSc graduates with several years of professional experience)
CNRS’ Lab-STICC joint research center brings together 600 members from six establishments (ENSTA Bretagne, IMT Atlantique, ENIB, UBO, UBS and CNRS).
Physics of electromagnetic and acoustic waves, embedded optical communication systems (radar, SAR, sonar, hydrophones, etc.), information processing, decision theory, and artificial intelligence.
ENSTA Bretagne's Lab-STICC (ICST lab) PhD students are enrolled in ED MathSTIC in the following fields:
• Automation, robotics
• Signals, imagery, telecommunications