Become a specialist in cybersecurity able to design, defend and operate specific systems in the port and maritime sectors.
- Cybersecurity in the maritime world
- Cybersecurity of software and networks
- Cybersecurity of industrial systems
From the bridge to the engine room, right up to the port infrastructure, a modern working ship uses industrial systems and information systems for positioning, communicating, transmitting commands to equipment or receiving information on any onboard anomaly. This digitalization, governing performance, also increases the vulnerability of the maritime world: port paralysis, attempts to intrude upon or modify the ships capabilities can have severe financial, human, technological and environmental consequences.
Who is this training for?
This training, the only one of its kind in Europe, is for engineers or Master graduates. It is also open to candidates who have a Bachelor with Honors and a minimum of 3 years professional experience. Candidates who hold a Bachelor with Honors but who do not have experience or an ordinary Bachelor with a minimum of 3 years professional experience may be considered.
What skills are developed?
This training will enable you to:
- Analyze weaknesses in and threats to digital and computer systems
- Define the technical characteristics of equipment and infrastructures
- Prepare and lead security audits
- Design monitoring protection and cyber intervention operational procedures
- Manage teams during a cyber crisis
The future graduates of this training can work in the military or civilian sectors, in naval shipyards, for shipowners, or industrial groups in the port and maritime sectors.
- Head of Information System Security
- Security administrator
- Security architect
- Security project leader
- Cybersecurity auditor, controllor,evaluator
- Incident response expert
- Security integrator
- Head of business continuity planning
- Specialist in cyber crisis management
The Specialized Advanced Master takes place within the industrial context of Brest, with its hub of major players in the maritime field ( Thales, Naval Group, Campus Mondial de la Mer, Ifremer, SHOM, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique etc) and is backed by the French Navy (Marine Nationale), the Cluster Maritime Français, Armateurs de France, Brittany Ferries, Diateam and ECA.Dispensé au coeur du tissu industriel brestois qui rassemble les grands acteurs du maritime (Thales, Naval Group, Campus mondial de la mer, Ifremer, SHOM, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, etc.), le mastère spécialisé est soutenu par la Marine Nationale, le Cluster Maritime Français, Armateurs de France, Brittany Ferries, Diateam et ECA.
- Taught by associate professors from 4 graduate engineering schools and professionals, who are experts in cyber security and the port and maritime sectors
- A curriculum including practical work and crossover projects in direct contact with stakeholders in the maritime world and the naval systems cyber defense chair
- Visits onboard ships and around port infrastructures to better comprehend the diversity of issues in the field
- A 5 month period in company to hone skills and improve career prospects