Situated in Brest, this state establishment works in close relationship with numerous industrial and academic partners in France and abroad. Its activities contribute to innovation in numerous fields of application: the maritime, defense and more generally hi-tech sectors (transport, aerospace, energy, digital technologies, research…).
Together with the Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA ParisTech and ISAE-SUPAERO, ENSTA Bretagne is part of the group of engineering schools governed by the Direction Générale de l'Armement (DGA) (Defense Procurement and Technology Agency) of the Ministry of Armed Forces. They share the high requirements and excellence on which their solid international reputation has been built.
Moreover, ENSTA Bretagne sets the standard in training armament research and technology engineers (IETA). They represent 18% of the students (engineering program) on campus and prepare to design and manage major defense programs at the DGA and in companies in this field.
Multidisciplinarity, Excellence, Innovation
- Enrolment at ENSTA Bretagne opens the door to a wide range of world-renowned programs, degrees, jobs and career paths. Engineers progressively define their career objectives throughout their training, and students from diverse scientific educational backgrounds can enroll at ENSTA Bretagne to pursue numerous programs recognized for their excellence. ENSTA Bretagne's engineering degrees are accredited by the French engineering degree commission (Commission des Titres d'Ingénieur), and its Master's and PhD degrees by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI). Advanced Master's degrees are accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
- Our graduates rapidly find jobs in French and international firms, proof that our programs meet the expectations of large businesses and innovative SMEs alike. General engineering and major graduates leave ENSTA Bretagne ready to enter the workforce and participate in the technological advances taking place in our rapidly-changing world.
- Education, research and business are our three building blocks. ENSTA Bretagne puts its scientific expertise at the service of business, and its training is enriched in turn by the real-world case studies contributed by companies. Our research programs place a strong focus on solutions for both civil and military industrial sectors. The cutting-edge research we carry out in partnership with businesses allows our research professors to train the engineers of the future to work in ever-evolving technological environments.
- An international outlook. The school has numerous bilateral academic agreements. A stay abroad is compulsory for student engineers. Almost 200 international students follow courses at ENSTA Bretagne on the numerous themes for which the school is renowned. The research professors are also internationally mobile, leading partnerships with universities and companies based in over thirty countries worldwide.
- The ENSTARTUPS incubator hosts the founders of companies, technological projects and encourages entrepreneurship in the students and research professors. Apart from entrepreneurial awareness and training, ENSTA Bretagne contributes to numerous events which encourage innovation and company creation.
A word from the Director of ENSTA Bretagne, Bruno Gruselle
ENSTA Bretagne is constantly growing, and our numerous scientific disciplines have earned a strong reputation in France and abroad. Students and staff benefit from our unique multidisciplinary approach, strong ties with numerous high-tech firms, countless student study and design projects, and research focusing on real-world solutions, as well as our ability to meet the need for specialized skill sets and to build lasting partnerships, and our social, cultural and sport activities. I invite you to take a moment to explore our website and learn more about our world-class engineering school, its facilities and the many activities it offers, and I hope to see you soon on the ENSTA Bretagne campus.
Chosing ENSTA Bretagne is to:
- ensure you have scientific and technological training which is recognized by companies worldwide,
- benefit from optimal living and study conditions,
- participate in numerous and exciting curricular and extra-curricular projects and activities,
- discover a region which expertly combines authenticity and a pioneering spirit, cultural discoveries and scientific research, an exceptional coastline and a dynamic city,
- participate in the societal and technological challenges of the future,
- ensure you have an fulfilling career!