They work for the shipbuilding industry (naval and offshore architecture, design, production and maintenance) within major groups, SMEs, naval architecture firms, offshore companies or research centers.
To train students to become naval architects capable of innovating and designing all types of more efficient and environment-friendly ships and offshore platforms.
- Core courses
- 2 majors to choose from:
- Ship Design,
- Marine and Offshore Engineering
These courses are taught on the ENSTA Bretagne campus and cover 6 to 7 disciplines.
Industrial internshipThis applied project leads to a thesis submission and defense (in September).
A choice between two majors to customize your training
This program allows you to choose between 2 majors:
- Marine and Offshore Engineering (courses taught at ENSTA Bretagne, with access to 3 specialization courses - A part of this program is or can be taught in English. All students may take their exams in English.)
- Ship Design (double degree with courses taught at ENSTA Bretagne until December and at ENSA Paris La Villette from January to March).
Who can apply ?
This is a unique program in France. It is intended for engineers, architects, master graduates or students who have qualified through validation of prior experience.
This Advanced Master program also offers a gateway to PhD studies.
The region of Brest, the European capital of marine science, is host to numerous organizations and companies in the maritime industry: Ifremer, SHOM, IUEM, France Énergies Marines, the Bretagne Pôle Naval cluster…
ENSTA Bretagne is the leading school of engineering for marine science. It offers programs that set an international standard in several fields: naval architecture, marine renewable energy, hydrography, oceanography, offshore observation systems, marine robotics…
Students enjoy a modern campus comprising research laboratories and all the equipment and facilities that are key to a first-class education: lecture halls, IT resources including specific software, sports facilities, a cafeteria, a media library…
At ENSTA Bretagne, all courses are taught either by permanent academic staff members or by specialized engineers working in the industry:
- Major groups: DGA, MARIN (NL), BUREAU VERITAS, Naval Group, STX, SAIPEM, SUBSEA 7, PRINCIPIA, SBM, GTT.
- Small businesses: AZUR OFFSHORE (UK), SHIPST, VPLP, HDS, CPA, Peter Heppel associates
NB: Classes may be held in common with the modules taught in other courses of this area of expertise.