To train students to become naval architects capable of designing innovative naval and offshore platforms.
- Ship design
- Ship design loop
A comprehensive program
This is a 4-semester program comprising 3 academic semesters and one semester-long industrial or academic internship.
It covers all aspects of ship design: structural calculations, propulsion, hydrodynamics, stability, maneuverability, ergonomics…
At ENSTA Bretagne, all courses are taught either by permanent academic staff members or by specialized engineers working in the industry: Bureau Veritas, Naval Group, Chantiers de l'Atlantique, Saipem-Sofresid, Acergy, Principia, SBM, Azur Offshore, GTT, Subsea7...
ENSTA Bretagne also offers the Master in Marine Engineering, Surface Ships and Submarines. With this international French-Australian program, students can earn a double degree.
- Can work for a shipyard, a firm or as a freelancer
- In charge of ship design for the general contractor or the project owner
- In charge of all or part of the design phase of a shipbuilding project (new ship, repair or conversion)
- In charge of all or part of the design phase of an offshore project.
- Work coordination
- Ship repair yard project manager
- Handles the organization, procurement, quality assurance and deadline management on a shipyard or an offshore production site (building, repair or conversion).
- Designs subassemblies for shipbuilding projects (structure, propulsion, performance) with career development opportunities to quickly take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Designs subassemblies for offshore projects (structure, loading, production, operations) with career development opportunities to quickly take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Can work in shipyards or on offshore sites, in engineering firms, in technical centers or in test facilities.
- Within the R&D unit or a dedicated unit of a shipyard or an offshore operations business (designer, project or site operator), designs innovative systems that meet the anticipated market needs in a more or less distant future.
- Can work in technical centers or test facilities.
- Pre-sales manager
- Client relations manager (invoicing, change orders…) for a given shipbuilding, ship conversion or ship repair project
- Project engineer for ship repair operations.
- Preparing and/or managing quality plans for shipbuilding companies.
- Conducting audits and providing consulting services for specialized firms
- Career development opportunities include independent firms.