In particular, this research work focuses on “smartening up” the systems designed to acquire and use the observations provided by radar systems (airborne or satellite) or geolocation systems such as GPS.
Radar; electronic warfare; geolocation and navigation; marine pollution; monitoring, maritime safety and security; microwave remote sensing; target recognition (based on radar signals/images).
Topics and expertise
- Multiscale and multiphysics electromagnetic simulation and modeling
- Wave propagation and interaction with the environment (sea, atmosphere, land).
- Microwave frequency system modeling and simulation (link budget, microwave remote sensing, experimentation, etc.).
Purpose: studying and developing innovative technological building blocks for safer and more efficient navigation for commercial vessels.
- Partners: ENSTA Bretagne/Lab-STICC, SAFRAN, Diades Marine, ENSM
- Funding partner: ADEME (“Ships of the future” roadmap, Investments for the Future program).
This project focuses on signature estimation for complex naval targets at sea (use of Gaussian beam summation and tracing).
- Funding partner: The French Government defense procurement and technology agency (DGA).
CEPAMOCS project focuses on parameter characterization and extraction from a heterogeneous sea surface observed by various satellite sensors.
- Funding partner: DGA.
ENSTA Bretagne has purchased new equipment for the SYMOC project (CPER1 SOPHIE: ICST & waves, and photonics). This equipment consists of:
- UP/DOWN converter modules for frequency translation of the transmitted and received signals;
- Broadband antennas to cover the full range of frequencies used.