The scientific objective of the AI & Ocean Department takes the ocean into account as a complex system, with physical, biological and ecological interactions, as well as human activities (maritime traffic, coastal planning, marine resources, environmental monitoring, etc.).
The AI & Ocean Department is organized around three specific research areas, to which the Department’s three research teams contribute:
- AI & perception of marine environments (ROBEX, OSE and M3 teams),
- AI & robotics for exploration (ROBEX team)
- AI & ocean and marine data (M3 and OSE teams).
- Knowledge of the marine environment
- Environmental monitoring
- Management and safety of offshore human activities
- Maritime & coastal planning
Organized into 3 research teams
ENSTA Bretagne contributes to the 3 teams: