Mechanics and marine engineering: scientific challenges and technology
The theme of 2019's Congrès Français de Mécanique (CFM) is also one of IRDL's scientific focus points. This 4-day congress will comprise plenary sessions, semi-plenary conferences, presentation sessions and associated events.
The congress will focus on a wide range of topics, including material forming by severe deformation methods, durability of materials and structures in civil engineering, damage and rupture, vibration and acoustics, turbulence and mechanics for renewable energies...
Several other events will be taking place alongside the 37 sessions and 4 mini-symposiums on the CFM 2019 program, including:
- The Welding Modeling and Digital Simulation Colloquium
- Les Journées du GFAC (French residual stress analysis group)
- Rheology and Processing of Composites and Concentrated Suspensions workshop hosted by GFR (French rheology group)
- The EuroMech Colloquium on Marine Aging and Mechanical Performance of Polymers
IRDL is organizing the 24th edition of CFM in partnership with Breton mechanics sector stakeholders, the city of Brest, the department of Finistère and the Brittany region.
- Organizers : Association Française de Mécanique, Institut de Recherche Dupuy de Lôme (CNRS, ENSTA Bretagne, Université de Bretagne Occidentale, ENIB, Université de Bretagne Sud).
- Partners : Conseil Général du Finistère, Brest métropole, Ifremer, INSA Rennes, Université de Rennes 1, ENSIBS, IUT Brest Morlaix, IUT St Brieuc, IUT Brest Pontivy, IUT Rennes, ENS Rennes, Ecole Navale, Ecole St Cyr Coëtquidan.